Tuesday, October 27, 2009

SuperStars

We had closing ceremonies for soccer and we made sure we were there. It was so great to see the kids go up and receive their awards. They were thrilled!


Sierra played forward most of the time. She does a great job of getting in there when everyone else is holding back and afraid of getting hurt. She is a go getter and really loved playing soccer this year.


Savannah was mostly a defender. She did play mid-fielder a couple of times and she was goalie her last game and never go scored on. Her coach loved her as defender because of her insistence of being right where she was supposed to be. She has a defending attitude. Her coach was absolutely amazing, he even had Sierra come to some of their practices. He just knows how to motivate the kids and build them up.


Both kids did such a great job. I am so proud of their hard work. I have thought about coaching next year, but we will have to wait and see how that goes. By the way, I am not sure why Sierra got a trophy and Savannah got a medal. It must have been an age group thing cause they were in different divisions. I was a little frustrated with that, because each of them looked at the others award and thought, "how come I didn't get that?" I guess something about wanting what you don't have.

No comments: