Thursday, October 8, 2009
The funniest thing EVER
So the other day while I was shopping at the local grocery store I happened across the funniest thing ever. I had just started my shopping and I had all five kids with me. I was also making a list of items in each isle to allow me to organize my coupon binder. Anyway, so I was just listing items in isle two when this cowboy guy and some lady walked right past me, he turned around, glared at me, and totally shook his head. Part of me wanted to ask him what his problem was and I think had I not had my kids with me I may have. Then again, he probably would not have done what he did. After my first instinct passed by, I just laughed. Then I started thinking, what could his problem be? After some deep contemplation and a discussion with Blake, we decided that he must have been jealous of my five amazing kids. He wished he could have so many beautiful children. Seriously though! Not even in Flagstaff did I get a look like that, and I got a lot of funny looks when shopping in Flagstaff. My kids we behaving perfectly (which is an accomplishment in and of itself) and I didn't even have that much food in my cart. I really wish I knew what his problem was. I guess it is just that.....His problem, not mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'll tell you what his problem is: being self-centered. We live in a world where people only care about themselves. He probably can't imagine taking the time away from his life to raise a family. What he doesn't realize is that you have it better and that you have those 5 awesome kids that will be with you forever and love you. I hate it when people are like that, I use to get it a lot in Boston. They always thought I was the nanny. Like someone my age would actually have a family this young. It use to bother me but then I realized how much better I had it. I wasn't starting my family in my 40's! And my kids won't have the Grandpa looking Dad at their High School Graduation. Anyhow, I could go on and on, as if I haven't enough already! We'll have to discuss this at Christmas! You are an amazing Mom!
"cowboy guy" well there's your problem. hicks aren't the brightest of folk so I wouldn't worry. he was probably glaring at something he saw five minutes ago and it has taken him that long to process. had you followed him for a couple of minutes you would have seen him turn around and smile.
(no offence ment to any cowboys out there)
Absolutely! He is jealous. There is no other explanation. Honestly though I would be jealous too. I take my two kids to the store and they go crazy and so I'd for sure be jealous to see your kids behaving so nicely. But I suppose I wouldn't have given you a mean look. I probably would have said "How do you do it? PLEASE tell me!!!" And I always get mean looks when I take my two rambunctious kids, but I know its not a look of jealousy :)
Oh and In-N-Out is not open yet. Soon. I drove by yesterday. They are working FAST!!!
I am staring to get looks like that, and I only have 3 kids AND live in Utah county. I think that Trish was right. When I was about 7 months pregnant with Madison, a co worker told me that she thought it was "irresponsible" for me to be bringing another kid into the world with the economy the way it is. This from a person who has 2 of her kids and has given 3 others up for adoption from "unplanned pregnancies." Somehow that is responsible but having a family isn't...it doesn't make sense to me either. I love all five of your kids, and besides we don't live in china.
Thanks for all the support guys!!! I think I laughed the hardest at Jared's. I am still laughing! You are ALL right though. I was the most shocked by Dee's comment. Did she actually keep the first two and gave the other 3 up? SOME PEOPLE"S KIDS!!!!!!
I think that if nothing else this makes me so much more aware of the way I look at people. I hope that when I look, it is more of a look of I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH, instead or WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING.
Post a Comment