Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dad, can I drive the Monster Truck?

The other day I was in my closet and Summit came in. He looked up and saw a very exciting toy right there on the shelf. He asked, "Mom, what is that?"
I said, "It is a monster truck, but it is Dad's."
Summit asks, "Can I drive it?"
I told him he would need to ask Dad. So off he ran with great excitement in every step. He found Blake and asked, "Dad, can I drive your monster truck?"
Blake had no idea what Summit was talking about so he sent Summit in to me to get it and show him. So I took it down off the shelf and sent Summit back to Blake (don't you love playing tag with your kids?). Then the problems began.... The batteries were not charged so it could not be driven. Summit had the hardest time understanding that he would have to wait two hours for the batteries to charge. He just wanted to drive the Monster Truck. We told him that after his nap he could drive it. Unfortunately we all forgot, so he got to drive it the next morning.





Is there anything better than watching you kids have fun? I submit that there is not.

No comments: