Friday, January 9, 2009

Can it be???

No way!!! Has it really been eleven years of marriage already? Talk about crazy!!! It amazes me at how quickly time has passed. Last night when I was telling the kids about what a special day today is, Sierra said "Mom, it seems like a long time, but not since you were married because like I look at your pictures and you both look the same." Thank you Sierra, that makes me feel better, to know that in your eyes I still look like I did back then (I'll pay you later. Ha ha). When we first got married Blake was working at the Gap part-time and going to school full-time to be a teacher. And I was working part-time at a tie shop with Blake's sister (remember those days Hollie). Now Blake has graduated in Aviation Science (after changing his major about 4 times), and we both have our dream job. I am so thankful the Lord has given me such an incredible husband. The more time I spend with him the more I see that Heavenly Father was right. He brings me such joy!! I love to watch him play with the kids, whether it is grooming their snow hill to make it just right for sledding or playing baseball or "trapping" they always have such a good time. He is so supportive of me in all that I do, from playing volleyball to singing in church (which is way too stressful to ever do again). Thank you Blake, for being just what I need. For listening to all I have to say, for holding me when I need it. Thank you for giving me my dream job. I love being at home taking care of our five amazing children.


Here are the flowers that Blake brought home last night to surprise me (because I would have been expecting them tonight). Thanks, Honey! I love you!!!

3 comments:

Tyson and DeeAnna said...

Happy Anniversary.
Tell Blake that the Stirling Silver Roses were a nice touch. Way better than boring old red. ( I know I'm a dork) Are they the ones with the nice scent?

Jared said...

Happy Anniversary you two.

Heather said...

Thank you! I love the roses better than just red. As to the smell....I think they smell great. Not sure they are the smell you are looking for. No, I don't think you are a dork. It is kind of like asking for your cucumbers to not be peeled so that they are not slimy.