Monday, February 2, 2009

WORN OUT!!!

So the other day we got a canner from our cannery and started canning. We had 300 lbs of white wheat, 35 lbs of onions, 25 lbs carrots, 36 lbs salt, 75 lbs rice, 40 lbs of sugar, and 5 lbs beans and 98 cans to fit it all into. Blake & I were just go, go, go!!! We wanted to get it all done for a few reasons. 1) because Blake only had a few days to be home to help and 2) so we were not the ones holding someone else back from getting their canning done. So after getting all our cans sealed in into boxes and labeled we had to find a place for them. We had some rearranging to do, but we made it all fit. About halfway through our finding a place for all the boxes we came out to find that Sedona was apparently tired. She found a box that seemed comfortable enough and started drooling. I guess getting a home food storage can be pretty exhausting!

2 comments:

Johnson Family said...

this picture is sooo funny that I could picture it in a LDS magazine somehow on "getting your food storage done before it is too late!" He! he!

Cameron and Sarah said...

I love this picture!!! Poor thing!