Who doesn't like rubbing balloon's on things and seeing if it will make it "stick" to the wall? The funny thing is that when I mentioned the idea to Saige this is how the conversation went....
Me: "So what are some things we could use, to make the balloon stick to the wall."
Saige: (As dead serious and totally excited as any 5-year-old) "TAPE!!!!!"
Me: (Totally loving her "cut to the chase kind of thinking") "Yeah, tape would definitely work. But what could we rub the balloon on to make it seem like it is sticking to the wall." (Very long pause) "Anything?"
Sierra: "Like your shirt."
Saige: (Completely serious) "No, that won't work!"
Then Sierra did it and the balloon stuck to the wall. Saige was totally shocked and wanted to try more right then and there, but it was bedtime. So I sent her to bed dreaming of the wonderful world of science.
3 comments:
I would have cheated and just copied one of Alan Nursall's "Science in the City" bits.
I am amazed they have to do a science project in Kindergarten? Ours do that in 5th grade. I feel the same way about whether my child is getting an assigment, or is it me. I work hard at not getting very involved in their "projects" if I don't have to. In the end, they really don't get that big of grade for it in elementry school. Ginger
Awesome project Saige! oh and Heather:) Alexis hasn't had to do one yet but I'm sure we aren't too far off! We will have to e-mail you for ideas.
Love you guys!
Post a Comment