I then told Summit that we needed to put the potato bug outside, so he could have more room to crawl. So after only dropping the poor bug twice, we finally made it all the way to the driveway before Summit shook his hand and the potato bug went flying. We found it and helped it back onto it's feet. My question now is.... Does anyone know if a potato bug can survive 15 inches of snow fall. I was thinking they were more of a springtime bug. Which would make sense, since before the snow fell we were enjoying 50 degree weather.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Joy!!!
So the other day I was in the kitchen when all of the sudden I realized something was moving on the ground. I called Summit over (he's a boy and appreciates bugs, right?) to take a look. He yelled out "A spider!!" I nicely told him it was not a spider, but a nice little potato bug. I asked him if he wanted to hold it. He went running away. UM!! What happened to bravery. So I persisted. He finally came over and let me put the harmless bug in his hand. He found it was not as bad as it seemed and he actually seemed to enjoy having the bug crawl on his hand.

I then told Summit that we needed to put the potato bug outside, so he could have more room to crawl. So after only dropping the poor bug twice, we finally made it all the way to the driveway before Summit shook his hand and the potato bug went flying. We found it and helped it back onto it's feet. My question now is.... Does anyone know if a potato bug can survive 15 inches of snow fall. I was thinking they were more of a springtime bug. Which would make sense, since before the snow fell we were enjoying 50 degree weather.
I then told Summit that we needed to put the potato bug outside, so he could have more room to crawl. So after only dropping the poor bug twice, we finally made it all the way to the driveway before Summit shook his hand and the potato bug went flying. We found it and helped it back onto it's feet. My question now is.... Does anyone know if a potato bug can survive 15 inches of snow fall. I was thinking they were more of a springtime bug. Which would make sense, since before the snow fell we were enjoying 50 degree weather.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I assume you are referring to the Armadillidiidae, in which case, I don't know. I would guess that the bug will die since they are generally found in warm places and live off decaying veg/garbage.
Post a Comment