Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hello & Goodbye!

While I really don't have many pictures of this week, I still thought I would let you all know what is going on at our house. Monday started a new schedule for me. I am now getting up and going walking/jogging with two really good friends. Thanks Marcie and Amanda for getting my lazy bones out of my warm bed each morning.

On Wednesday Savannah & Sierra had there Qualifiying track meet. They had to place within the top four in order to go on to regionals. While they both ran well and bettered their times they did not place within the top four, so we bid farewell to the track season for another year. Well, not totally cause I believe their school does a track & field day. I am not sure if I made it very clear before, but they were running for the Jr. High Track Team.

On Thursday Savannah had her D.A.R.E. Graduation. She was so excited cause she won first place in her class with her D.A.R.E. essay, so she got to read hers for graduation. She did a really great job!




Plus, she got a medal and a BIG chocolate bar for winning.

After the reading of the essays the parents were dismissed and the kids got to have a pizza/ice cream/cake party. This was something Savannah had been looking forward to all year!

That about does it for us here. Not a really eventful week, even though I feel like we were running around like crazy! I guess some weeks are just like that!!!!

4 comments:

Jared said...

pizza, ice cream and cake party, that sounds awesome. reading an essay in front of the school not so much.

Johnson Family said...

Loved the update. I CANNOT believe that your girls ran for the Jr. High team!!! That is so awesome!!! Go girls!!!
Christa

Heather said...

Jared- That was my thoughts exactly!!! Who wants to read in front of your whole grade, parents & some of the 5th grade? Not me!!! But Savannah was so worried that she would not get first. It was something she really wanted to do. I guess we all have different things that light us up.
Christa- I know right!!!! Again a trait they did not get from me. I do not much like running AT ALL!!!!

Amanda said...

And thanks to you for motivating me to get out of my warm bed! It's been fun!