Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Looks nearly move-in ready?

On Sunday, right after church and with our lunch all packed we made a trip out to the house hoping to see stucco, paint, tile, linoleum, carpet, appliances and cabinets. When we got to the house we found the doors all locked up and we got very excited. After a few failed attempts to break in to our house, I used my detective skills to find the keys. As I walked through the house to open the back door that Blake was attempting to break in to, I found myself greatly disappointed. We did find the house painted, always a good thing. We also found carpet, unfortunately it was not quite how we hoped.


It was there, cut and ready to be installed but they had to wait for the linoleum to be laid down.


We did find the linoleum..... all rolled up in a corner of the kitchen (it is behind that pony wall). Apparently they had to put some thinset down before they could lay the linoleum. One would ask themselves if this is being done by people who have done this before?


The railing at least had been started and looks very nice.



This is something we were very excited about. They had the master bathroom all tiled including the shower. It looks really good.


Here is another bright spot of our trip. We kept telling the kids that we would go walk around the temple, but had not done it yet. Since we had some time and nowhere to really be we went and walked around the Temple grounds. It was so beautiful!!!! The down side was the the wind was blowing so hard that I thought we could have tied a string to each of the kids and let them fly like a kite. Alas, I was out of string.

6 comments:

Campbell said...

you guys must be getting excited to move in.

Steven and Ginger said...

So, Blake what kind of pull do you have with these guys? They know you're coming next weekend right?! Chop Chop..is what I like to say to my children when they need to be moving faster. We are still planning on coming up next weekend for the BIG move. Did they release you from your callings?

Tyson and DeeAnna said...

geesh do you think they'll be done??

Trish said...

Awesome, it's getting closer!! We are excited for you guys!
Love ya'!

Heather said...

Yes, we do plan on moving. After making a few phone calls we got one of the head guys to realize that our move-in day was coming up really soon. So he made a few phone calls and said that he is really optimistic that OUR house will be completed by our move-in date. But just in case we did sign a lease agreement for the house next door (not the one that I posted pictures of before, those people already live there). So, worse-case scenario we will move in there. They will not charge any rent and they will pay utilities. We just have to move twice and keep the house in good condition and clean up when we leave. But at least we are guaranteed a home to move into.

Heather said...

Ginger, I just realized that I did not answer your question about our callings. Yes, they released us last Sunday. I realized that I really am not sure what to do when you don't have a calling in Primary. We will miss it, but all in all we are very excited about moving.