Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Let's Ride!

So these are picture before Sedona's accident that I previously posted and you can see how much she is enjoying her riding her bike.






Now it is a different story. She won't ride at all if I am not holding onto her. She just screams and cries. She says "I just want to walk!" It is so sad. I am determined to get her loving her bike again. It just may take some time.

Summit has been so anxious to be able to ride his bike without training wheels. He has two friends down the street that ride like pros and he really wants to join them. We have taken them off several times only for him to more-or-less give up and have the training wheels put back on just so he can ride. So a week ago Summit came in and asked if I would take his training wheels off, again. So like a good mother I went out and took off his wheels and held onto the seat so he could give it a go. Well, he took off!!!! He got a little nervous when he noticed I let go, but he stayed up and kept going.











It did not take him long to decide that he didn't even need me to help him start. And right off he loved going up and down the end of our drive-way.

Sierra has been so excited that she now knows how to ride with NO HANDS!!!!! So it begins!



8 comments:

Jared said...

when Max gets to riding a bike I'm really thinking about buying a gryowheel from http://www.thegyrobike.com/

Heather said...

That is a WAY better idea than training wheels!!!! I always thought training wheels were a waste of time and money, but had no other alternative. Way cool!!!! How come you didn't have kids before me so you could hand all your cool stuff down to me?

Cameron and Sarah said...

Poor Sedona! Way cool for Summit and Sierra though!

Steven and Ginger said...

Go Sierra. Pretty soon you'll probably be able to ride on one wheel+no hands!! :)

Steven and Ginger said...

Yeah Summit. Pretty exciting to ride a 2 wheeler. You are awesome!

The Petersons said...

My kids just love their bikes, and have been on them constantly lately. Gotta love a good bike ride, I guess. =) Found your blog off someone elses! Stalking you now...

Heather said...

Sweet Valerie. Stalk away!!!!!

Cami said...

Brayden begged and begged to keep his training wheels on after he fell. Josh wouldn't do it. Then a boy who was YOUNGER announced at church that he could ride his bike without training wheels. That was enough for Brayden. He was a rider that day after church :) Good luck! She'll do great!