I am sure you see it, but just in case.
The "E" was totally gone! I know it was there the night before because one of my friends had commented on how much they liked my green wall with the red accent from the "apples." So I started looking, I mean there are only so many places it could have gotten to, right?
So logically I look on the floor right in front of the pantry. It only makes sense that it would come straight down.
No "E!"
So perhaps, I thought, that when the "E" fell down the pantry door was a little bit open and it fell into the rack I have on the inside of the door.
No "E!!"
I was starting to feel like I was on some kind of Sesame Street Hidden Camera thing and at any moment Cookie Monster or Big Bird or Elmo was going to jump out and start singing. I tried to put that thought in the back of my mind as a possibility so I would not be so taken by surprise when it happened.
Then, I thought maybe if fell into the trash. Our trash sits inside the pantry so there is no real logical way that could have happen, but let's face it by this time I was past the logical.
Still no "E!!!"
By this time I had enlisted the help of my oldest children. My thoughts were that when the "E" fell down one of my friends kids had taken it somewhere. We were searching high and low (well mostly low since that is how tall most of the kids were). Then we asked "THE BOY!"
Don't let him fool you as he did me. He is sooooooooo adorable with his angel smile and snuggling ways, not to mention his intoxicating laughter. When we asked him if he had seen it, he led us straight to it without any hesitation. Guess where it was...........
Of course, under MY bed. When I asked Summit how it got there he simply said, "I put it there!"
Then all the pieces started fitting together. Before I could open the pantry door I had to move this
That is when I remembered that on Saturday night as we were getting ready for family prayer Summit was throwing his pillow up in the air. After several times I asked him to stop and come to kneel down. He then told me that he just wanted to do it one more time in the kitchen. I told him I didn't want him to throw it in the kitchen cause it could land in the sink and get all wet.
Apparently, he threw it anyway (imagine that! I told you he was tricky), it knocked down the "E," he knew he could not come tell me what happened cause I told him not to throw the pillow, so he quickly thought up a plan and tucked it under my bed so as not to get into trouble. Then he came to prayer as though nothing had happened.
3 comments:
That is pretty funny. Of course he hid it under YOUR bed because that would be the last place you would look. Smart little cookie.
next time just go to the alphabet lost and found.
this link will open iTunes
http://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/alphabet-lost-and-found/id156094276?i=156094314
that was a really funny story, thanks for sharing! It also shows how the mind works in boys at that age!!! he he
Chrisa Johnson
Post a Comment