Friday, May 15, 2009

Savannah vs The Post

So last Thursday I got a call from the school about 10am. The nurse said, "We have Savannah here. She ran into a pole while at recess today" She is pretty banged up, but I don't think she needs stitches. She says that she is feeling okay, so I am going to send her back to class. I just wanted to let you know because she will be pretty bruised up." At this point I am thinking, why do they have random poles out on the playground, and why couldn't my daughter see it before she ran into it. Then when she go home and explained the story I understood.




She was apparently playing "cops and robbers" on the playground which has sand. It was not a random pole she ran into, it was a pole like a fire pole or a pole that holds the monkey bars up. Anyway, she turned one way and thought she had missed the pole, which she did but she hit the other pole. Thankfully no stitches were required, and she is mostly back to normal now, a week later. Her ear is still just a little tender.

6 comments:

Jared said...

glad to see you back online.

that reminds me of a joke.

three men walked into a bar. don't you think one of them would have ducked.

okay well I didn't say it was a funny joke.

Tyson and DeeAnna said...

two months and that's the best you can come up with Savannah runs in to a poll with her big ear
no pics of the house no updates on where thing are at I know its been a month since we were down there but give me something. oh ya
love Tyson

Heather said...

Hey give me a break. I have to pick and choose, not to mention there are about a million things I should be doing and I at least gave you something. Not to mention I have not taken any photos, so I would have to take pictures first. But they will be coming. By the way, I love the joke Jared, it WAS funny!

Trish said...

Poor Savannah! Lex did that earlier this year and had a big old goose egg on her forehead. It's great to see a post from you!
Love ya!

Steven and Ginger said...

Glad to hear from you! Hope you are slowly getting all settled and totally LOVING it! There is nothing better than waking up the morning after you move into a brand new house, and realizing you get to stay there a while. When does school get out up there. We are at the 4 day count down. Whoa Baby!

Heather said...

Our kids get out Friday the 22nd. In Flagstaff they have two weeks after this one. I think my kids totally scored on this move.